Wednesday, April 14, 2010

EDUC 6714 Reflection

I am always on the lookout for new technologies that beneift my students. Throughout this course and others resources like mywebspiration have been presented. It is my intent to spend more time looking at resources like this once the Master's program is finished this summer. I have already incorporated some technologies into the curriculum that have good results. For these resources I want to develop more interesting uses and generally work on the process of incorporating them. I have been looking at some new ideas that colleagues of mine have presented recently and I intend to develop their use more. The overall intent is to create projects that allow for student choice and free exploration. Once these projects have been developed I will focus on methods of day-to-day uses and applications.

On an immediate basis I am going to use my student's blog assignment to gauge interest in new topics. By having students express prior knowledge and inquiries about material before we begin the study I will be able to tailor the lessons to the students specific skills and desires. At the beginning of the next school year I will incorporate a student response system to ascertain prior knowledge in a more subjective manner. Overall these responses will lead me into creating lessons and projects that are aligned with specific students in mind.

Phil Bonus

No comments: