Monday, February 8, 2010

Honest Assessments

I've mentioned it before, there is nothing to add to the actual GAME plan that was proposed in previous weeks. I am still awaiting the next step to occur (something that is out of my control). For this specific plan there is nothing to add, I can't say that I have incorporated anything into my lessons, and I have not refined my plan because nothing has happened to spur the changes.

When looking at a broader plan of earning the Master's degree I can probably add a little more insight. I have added elements like wikis into instructor. I have attempted to bring online discussions and blog posts with mixed results. I am still striving to bring more manageable technology into my lessons. I have taken as a goal to remove assignments that are percieved as busy work and trying to replace them with assignements that utilize technology. Hopefully these assignments will expose students to new resources and techniques of information collection and dissemination. This is largely going to be completed as I regularly review lessons and seek to enhance my instruction.

2 comments:

Mrs. Stianchi said...

Phil,
I am at a similar place...I can do little more of my GAME plan, but I wasn't going to implement it until next year, so I can only do so much.

How does your admin feel about you switching lessons? Are there certain core lessons you have to keep or no? For our distract I know I could change a lot, but there are particular lessons that everyone has to do.

PBonus said...

To be honest I have never had to work with administration on curricular issues. I am a very specialized teacher for my district. I only teach senior level psychology and am the only teacher how does so. I have written my own curriculum and have no pacing guide. The only pressure that I have is keeping pace with the AP framework. I am extrememly lucky in that regard.